On May 4, 2018 the Asian Heritage Foundation kicked off the beginning of Asian Heritage Month with a luncheon, partnering with the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (Western Chapter) and the Action Chinese Canadians Together Foundation (ACCT).
The event hosted a speaker’s panel of industry leaders highlighting important systemic changes that have helped to increase multiculturalism, diversity, inclusion, and equity into the workplace and society. Speakers included:
- Honorable Senator Yuen Pau Woo, Independent Senators Group
- Elizabeth Aspinall, Practice Advisor and Equity Ombudsperson, Law Society of Alberta
- Emiko Muraki, Director of Community Investment & Impact, Calgary Arts Development Authority
- Anne-Marie Pham, Director of the Canadian Race Relations Foundation
- George Chahal, Ward 5 Councillor, City of Calgary
The event was a great success, pulling in 280 of Calgary’s leaders, community advocates, and members of the Asian community. We had many table sponsors from our communities and ethnocultural organizations. We really couldn’t have done it without you!
The Asian Heritage Foundation would like to especially thank our sponsor, Der Barristers, as well as the 2018 Asian Heritage Month Planning Committee and 2018 Board of Directors for their volunteer hours and dedication towards AHF’s mission.