This is a repeating eventoctober 16, 2020 6:00 am
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our vision A world free of hunger and malnutrition where food and agriculture contributes to improving
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
A world free of hunger and malnutrition where food and agriculture contributes to improving the living standards of all, especially the poorest, in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
The three Global Goals of Our Members
• eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition, progressively ensuring a world in which people at all times have sufficient safe and nutritious food that meets their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life;
• elimination of poverty and the driving forward of economic and social progress for all, with increased food production, enhanced rural development and sustainable livelihoods; and
• sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, air, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
Our Strategic Objectives
1. Contribute to the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition
2. Increase and improve provision of goods and services from agriculture, forestry and fisheries in a sustainable manner
3. Reduce rural poverty
4. Enable more inclusive and efficient agricultural and food systems at local, national and international levels
5. Increase the resilience of livelihoods to threats and crises
(Wednesday) 6:00 am - 10:00 pm