Asian Heritage Foundation (Southern Alberta) is celebrating Canada’s 150th Anniversary! We are looking for 150 stories to share with Calgary through social media and through a printed exhibit to be displayed at various locations through the City during Asian Heritage Month, May 2017.
We want to showcase the significant contributions that Canadians of Asian heritage have given to Canada over the past 150 years. We are accepting submissions from a wide range of ages, professional backgrounds, and across all sectors. The contributions can be social, economic, or political. Your story may be selected to appear on social media and at Canada 150 and Asian Heritage Month events throughout 2017.
Themes or topics that will be included in the 150 stories exhibit will include:
- Asian-Canadian history stories: Include some historical photographs and stories, ideally from a personal perspective – family photos and stories, such as pictures from past Chinatown, early Japanese families, refugee stories, etc.
- History stories from our living elders – focusing on older people in the communities and their stories.
- Asian-Calgarian artists and their contributions to arts and culture in Canada
- Immigration stories – focusing on the richness and diversity of Canada’s immigrant population and celebrating Canada’s immigration policies
- Prominent Asian-Calgarians and their contributions to Canada, both past and present
- Inspirational community members and work they are doing in our city and country in 2017
- Youth – the future faces of Canadian society.
Entries will be reviewed continuously beginning January – May 2017.